Wednesday, June 25, 2008

a few bumps in the road

The interviews should be finished by the end of Wednesday, July 2nd. I've gotten about 50 back so far, but the answers for about 30 of the interviews still need to be translated into English. One of the most important questions on the interview, "if you knew that an HIV+ woman wanted to have a child, what would you say to them and why" was mis-translated, so some of the SureStart team members didn't ask their clients this question since it implied that the client had to know an HIV+ woman in order to answer this question. So the SureStart field workers are going back into the field today to ask that question again. There's another more pressing issue at hand...and that is I'm having trouble finding and downloading (internet connection is not so great here) that can analyze my free response answers (i.e. text-based). Obviously, qualitative data is hard to quantify, but at least I can maybe code the answers and that way the software program can output statistical results. Because of my time table, it looks like i'll be bringing back all of the translated interviews back with me (so I will need to make space in my suitcase), analyze them with a software program in order to determine what needs to be addressed in the awareness program!

No comments: